3_My Dad's Deaths
A Mulled Whine
Comedy, Stand-Up, Solo, Storytelling
Age Rating: R13+
Friday, 27 April
Venue 2 - Ghost Light Theatre
TICKETS: $12-20-32 (choose your price)
EarlyBird TICKET: $10 (available until March 18)
Incredible international comedian and storyteller Jon Bennett (Pretending Things are a Cock, Fire in the Meth Lab) has done plenty for his parents to be proud of. A multi-award winning performer and a powerhouse of guts and gusto; Jon is a must-see performer of the real and the ridiculous. But his Dad doesn't get it..
“Full of heart and packed with laughter, this is how storytelling should be done.” – The Skinny (UK).
Bennett’s Dad always wanted his son to be an author… like Banjo Paterson.* My Dad's Deaths is the story of the strange relationship between a comedian and his extremely conservative father; an accident-prone man who has died… more than once.
“Armed only with self-deprecating wit and memories, Bennett reminds us that ordinary people lead extraordinary lives.” - The Sunday Mail (AUS).
My Dad's Deaths has picked up too many accolades to fit on the fridge at home:
- Just for Laughs Award nomination for Best Comedy (Montreal Fringe, 2013)
- Just for Laughs Zoofest Selection, 2014
- Producers Pick Award Winner (London Fringe, 2017)
- Best in Venue Award Winner (London Fringe, 2017)
- Best Comedy Award Winner (Victoria Fringe, 2017)
- Best Solo Show Award Nominee (New Zealand Fringe, 2017)
- Best Comedy Award Nominee (Perth Fringe World, 2015)
- Best Solo Show Award Winner (Orlando Fringe, 2015)
- Best in Venue Award Winner (Orlando Fringe, 2015)
“Without a doubt, amongst the best, absolute funniest storytelling I’ve ever heard.” - Db Magazine.
* The Waltzing Matilda guy.
This show has been adopted by the wonderful people from Fresh FM. Thank You!!!